The Subaru Ascent mid-size SUV was designed for families with spacious third-row seating
Subaru’s all-new, 3-row, family-sized SUV, the 2019 Subaru Ascent. This spacious 7 or 8 passenger model is built on the new Subaru Platform and powered by an all-new 2.4L 4-cylinder turbocharged Subaru Boxer engine that offers performance with fuel-efficiency equal to or better than 6-cylinder engines. The Ascent delivers exceptional everyday drive-ability and more adventurous SUV capability through its ample ground clearance, X-Mode and the confidence-inspiring capabilities of the Subaru symmetrical all-wheel drive system. To keep your precious cargo safe, it’s also equipped with an array of advanced safety systems, including the award-winning Subaru EyeSight advanced driver-assist system, which is standard on all models.
The 2019 Subaru Ascent showcases the performance, reliability, safety and versatility you’ve come to expect from Subaru, but in a bigger, value filled package with generous cargo space, loads of high-tech features and numerous high-grade touches. This is the three-row, family-sized SUV as envisioned by Subaru. This is what happens when dreams become reality. This is comfort, convenience, adventure and peace-of-mind for the whole family.
SEGMENT-LEADING BANG FOR YOUR BUCK
As with all Subaru models, the 2019 Subaru Ascent comes well-equipped right out the gate with plenty of comfort, convenience and safety features. These include Subaru Symmetrical Full-Time AWD, X-Mode and the award-winning Subaru EyeSight Driver Assist Technology. All of these features come from a brand that is renowned for quality, reliability and resale value. In fact, in 2017, Subaru won the ALG Canadian Residual Value Awards Best Mainstream Brand title for the third consecutive year and received the first-ever Canadian Black Book Best Retained Value ‘Overall Brand’ Award.
SUBARU EYESIGHT AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY
While Subaru is renowned for building vehicles with superior safety standards, the Subaru Ascent stands poised to take safety to a whole new level. The new Subaru Global Platform provides incredible strength, a 360-degree barrier of protection in the event of an accident. The standard Subaru EyeSight Driver Assist Technology provides a suite of advanced driver aids designed to warn of an impending collision and/or prevent a collision altogether. In addition, optional advanced safety systems such as High Beam Assist, Rain Sensing Wipers and the Front View Camera provide even greater levels of confidence in motion.
ON AND OFF-ROAD CAPABILITY
The all-new 2019 Subaru Ascent has been engineered to be more than just your typical three-row SUV - it’s been engineered to be a Subaru. The starting point is the new Subaru Global Platform (SGP), restructured to accommodate a more spacious vehicle with 220 mm of ground clearance that delivers superior strength, rugged capability, and surprising handling prowess. The standard Subaru Symmetrical Full-Time AWD system, X-Mode and Active Torque Vectoring help secure all-road/all-weather capability while empowering adventure at the same time.
Another tangible benefit of the Subaru Global Platform is its sheer strength. This new architecture features a 70-100% gain in structural rigidity, with the range depending on the models being compared. This quality opens the door for the 4-wheel independent suspension system to be optimized for both superior handling and incredible ride comfort. So, while the Subaru Ascent features surprisingly refined and dynamic capabilities in the corners, it’s also smooth, stable and supremely composed on the open road.
3RD ROW SEATING AND CARGO SPACE
The Subaru Global Platform (SGP) not only ensures rugged capability, it also promotes genuine versatility. The platform has been adapted to work specifically for a three-row, mid-size SUV. The result is seating for 7 or 8 passengers (depending on trim level), a cavernous cargo area with up to 1252 L of space and countless storage compartments to house all your gear. There are also many different seating configurations to choose from, so having enough room for both passengers and awkward-sized items is practically guaranteed.
NEXT GENERATION INFOTAINMENT TECHNOLOGY
The Subaru Ascent comes fully loaded, completely connected, and Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatible. Mission control for your next road trip is either a 6.5” or 8” high-resolution, multi-gesture touchscreen, which allows you to select how to be entertained, stay informed and remain connected. With the Subaru Starlink Smart Access platform, you’re free to explore the open road and remain tethered to the cloud through your smartphone. You’ll enjoy fingertip access to special apps, features and services including news, weather, music, podcasts, audiobooks, and other multimedia content—all while keeping your hands on the wheel and your eyes upon the road.
- All-new Subaru Global Platform offering enhanced body rigidity and all-around safety
- All-new 2.4-litre horizontally opposed 4-cylinder, direct injection turbocharged SUBARU BOXER engine
- 260 horsepower and 277 lb-ft of torque (on regular gasoline)
- High-torque Lineartronic® CVT with an 8-speed manual mode
- Standard Subaru Symmetrical Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- Active Torque Vectoring
- Standard X-MODE for better traction on off-road terrain
- 220 mm of ground clearance for optimized approach and departure angles
- Maximum available towing capacity of 2,270 kg (5,000 lbs)
- Standard EyeSight® Advanced Driver Assist System and EyeSight® Assist Monitor
- Reverse Automatic Braking
- Subaru Rear/Side Vehicle Detection System (SRVD)
- Steering responsive LED headlights
- High Beam Assist
- All-new front-view monitor
- Smart rear-view mirror
- Rain sensing wipers
- Rear-view camera
- 18-inch or available 20-inch aluminum alloy wheels
- Up to 1,252 L of cargo space
- Wide rear door openings allow easier access for second and third row passengers
- All-new power rear gate design that allows for maximum cargo space
- Power tilting and sliding panoramic glass sunroof
- 7-passenger configuration uses two captain chairs in the second row
- 8-passenger configuration uses a bench seat in the second row
- Driver and front passenger, driver knee, front seat side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Available ventilated front seats
- Available heated steering wheel
- Available heated rear seats
- Available 3rd row USB ports
- Voice activated, three-zone automatic climate control with rear climate control vents
- Available 2nd row window sunshades
- Available ambient lighting
- Advanced 8-inch infotainment system navigation, AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA audio system with high-resolution capacitive touch screen, Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™, STARLINK™ smartphone integration (including Aha™ radio), dual USB port/iPod® control, auxiliary audio input, SMS text messaging capability, Bluetooth® mobile phone connectivity with voice activation and Bluetooth® streaming audio, SiriusXM™† Traffic, Travel Link and Satellite Radio installed (free 3-month trial subscription included)
- 120V power outlet on rear console
** Not all available features come standard on all trim levels. Please sign up for updates below or check back to Subaru.ca for new information as it becomes available.